Monday, February 12, 2007

AND THEN THE RAINS CAME.......
Our first rain in what seems like forever in Newman.....which may only have been about 6-8 weeks (probably doesn't seem like much compared to droughts elsewhere in Australia), but what a momentary relief from the 43 degree temperature....day in / day out!!
I rang Mum and Dad to share my excitement and Chris arrived home just as I was going outside to let them hear it (I am sure they were so pleased I called just for that....not!!)!
I was quick to hang up the phone to join Chris who was already running around like a crazy man in the rain.....huge smiles on our faces as we welcomed the cool rain on our skin!!
20 mins later, the rains had gone and it was back to hot hot hot. Doors closed and aircon on. It was fun while it lasted!!

No comments: