Sometimes these things happen quicker than expected.....but certainly didn't expect it to happen quite this soon after the wedding!! Some telltale signs I had noticed on our honeymoon and a late period, led us to doing a home pregnancy test on the day we got back from Newman - 4th Dec. When it came up positive, Chris looked at me with a huge smile and said "I'm going to be a daddy!" I smiled back and shed a little tear or two whilst laughing at the same time!! We are both over the moon and looking forward to experiencing both pregnancy and parenthood....the good and the (hopefully not too) bad!
Did not do the ring around to family and friends for another two and a half weeks as I could not get in for an ultrasound until just before Christmas (Thursdays only in Newman!!)....we (I) just needed that visual confirmation that there actually was a baby in there and I wasn't imagining it!!! The following pic is our little bubba at 7wks 6 dys (Its the little white blob at the base of the the big balck space). Heart rate 167bpm and length 17.5mm.
That couple of weeks of being secret squirrels was very tough....not just everytime we talked to friends and family, but on my body too!! That was actually the only time I really experienced any 1st trimester woes other than the tiredness. Headaches most days and the chills for a couple of days straight, but maybe that was just the stress I was putting myself under in not being able to share our news with anyone?? Once the beans had been spilled the headaches and chills disappeared!!
2 comments:
is that a schlong or an arm?
If it's a schlong its a boy. If its an arm its a girl.
;-)
Post a Comment